By Robert Wafawanaka
Read or Download Am I Still My Brother's Keeper?: Biblical Perspectives on Poverty PDF
Best poverty books
This e-book explores the level, factors and features of homelessness in constructing nations. Bringing jointly an important evaluate of literature and empirical case stories, it really is important for these learning, learning or operating in housing, homelessness, social coverage or city poverty. Drawing on neighborhood learn in 9 nations within the international south, this booklet bargains an perception into the lives of homeless humans, public perceptions of homelessness, and the guidelines and interventions which would variously elevate or lessen homelessness.
The emergence of england as an absolutely fledged home-owning society on the finish of the twentieth century has significant implications for the way homes are used not only as a house yet as an asset. the main debate during this very important and well timed ebook is whether or not social coverage and people's houses will be so heavily attached, in particular whilst housing markets are so unstable.
This is often an imperative profession consultant for everybody desirous to paintings in or already operating in the foreign improvement and humanitarian emergencies sector. It presents a normal advent and perception into the sphere, for these exploring it as a possible profession, and offers scholars updated recommendation while making a choice on a direction, even if it’s at undergraduate or postgraduate point.
Pictures via Lewis P. WilkersonStreetWays: Chronicling the Homeless in Miami is a suite of interviews with 28 homeless participants residing in downtown Miami and Miami seashore. in addition to vast pictures of those humans and their lives in the street, the ebook additionally comprises interviews with social provider services, in addition to a close research of homelessness within the usa and extra particularly in Miami.
- Power and the Vote: Elections and Electricity in the Developing World
- Supporting Disabled People with their Sexual Lives: A Clear Guide for Health and Social Care Professionals
- Privatization and the New Medical Pluralism: Shifting Healthcare Landscapes in Maya Guatemala
- School Money Trials: The Legal Pursuit of Educational Adequacy
- The Social Meaning of Modern Biology: From Social Darwinism to Sociobiology
- Entitlement Politics: Medicare and Medicaid, 1995-2001 (Social Institutions and Social Change)
Additional info for Am I Still My Brother's Keeper?: Biblical Perspectives on Poverty